The Pundra University of Science & Technology is proud to be the first Private University in North Bengal aiming to provide high quality higher education at affordable cost at the door step of the young, matured and marginalized people. It was established under the Private University Act with the approval of the Ministry of Education, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Its curricula and academic programs are also approved by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGC). The Honorable President of the People's Republic of Bangladesh is the Chancellor of the Pundra University of Science & Technology. The University provides a congenial learning environment along with available modern facilities, applies student-centered creative and interactive learning methods, pursues applied research, fosters collaborations to produce world standard graduates to meet national and global challenges and harnesses opportunities in the emerging global challenges.
The University is committed to –
1. provide best quality learning experiences with comprehensive knowledge and skill based education and emphasise on their professional development that empowers students to integrate and apply knowledge from across the disciplines and imagine new possibilities for themselves, their communities and the world;
2. invigorate research and scholarship across the university to address important scientific, business socio-political and cultural questions of the new century;
3. provide learning experiences integrating moral and cultural values with education in all branches of knowledge for every student to be dynamically involved in the process of freeing himself or herself from every form of domination and oppression so that each individual will have the opportunity to develop as an integrated person in relationship with others;
4. promote and encourage co-curricular activities in order to promote the goodness and dignity of every student and instil self and mutual respect, a sense of self-worth, self-discipline and a sense of responsibility for oneself and for others;
5. recruit and retain high quality faculty members who have proven records of intellectual acumen, outstanding academic background with experience, student friendly attitude and are interested in continuous professional development;
6. design and implement quality assurance policy and ensure 'Quality Culture' for continuous improvement of performance at all levels of management and learning process;
7. appreciate the significance of adjusting its learning processes and procedures to meet the different needs of learners; and
8. provide a conducive student friendly environment with mutual respect, caring and sharing attitude, self-regulated discipline, unity within diversity aiming to prepare graduates to create a better world of tomorrow.
The Pundra University of Science & Technology is a non-profit private higher educational institution contributed to build a knowledge based society of empowering people for quality of life. In addition to maintaining a congenial environment for learning and offering excellent academic programs, the University encourages collaboration with stakeholders and development partners to conduct applied research for socio-economic development in the country.
Academic freedom for excellence will require the University to attract best faculty and efficient management through forging relationship with national and international community of sister organizations. With reference to Pundra Civilization, the University campus will remain a vibrant cultural showcase through fostering relationships between researchers and practitioners of various cultural identities within and between nations.