Home / Evaluation & Grading System

Evaluation & Grading System

Performance Evaluation of Courses
Evaluation of students’ performance will be based on final examination, midterm examination, class-test/assignments and attendance. Classroom evaluation including attendance, class tests (the number of the class tests shall be n+1, where n is the number of credits assign for the course) and assignments will cover 35% of the total marks and the remaining 65% are reserved for the midterm and final examinations. For Lab courses evaluation will be based on attendance, Lab assignment, Lab report, Experiment and Viva. The distribution of marks and grading system are below.

Marking System:

Theory Course Lab Course
Attendance 10% Attendance 10%
Class Test 20% Lab Experiment 30%
Assignment 5% Report 10%
Mid-Term Examination 30% Term Project/ (including presentation) 20%
Final Examination 35% Final written Quiz 20%
Viva 10%

Grading System:

Numerical Grade Letter Grade Grade Point
80% and above A+ (A Plus) 4.00
75% to less than 80% A (A Regular) 3.75
70% to less than 75% A- (A Minus) 3.50
65% to less than 70% B+ (B Plus) 3.25
60% to less than 65% B (B Regular) 3.00
55% to less than 60% B- (B Minus) 2.75
50% to less than 55% C+ (C Plus) 2.50
40% to less than 50% C (C Regular) 2.25
40% to less than 45% D 2.00
Less than 40% F 0.00