Message from Head of the Department
About the Department
The Dept. of Public Health Program of Pundra University of Science & Technology addresses the health needs of the ethnically and socioeconomically diverse populations living in Bangladesh, especially northern region of Bangladesh. The program accomplishes this through the evaluation of students to be effective practitioners of the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to effectively conduct public health need assessments, program planning, implementation and evaluation, and applied research to address the needs of our communities. The program also emphasizes community service with the underserved populations by working closely with local communities and national agencies, as well as to develop professional opportunities for the students of Master of Public Health Program.
Vision & Mission
Be a leader and innovator in Public Health and eliminate health disparities and achieve health equity for diverse populations in local and global communities while attaining the highest level of health for all individuals and groups – especially our most vulnerable and at-risk.
- To provide exceptional public health educational platform and experience through an inclusive academic community and high-quality graduate educational program.
- To educate graduate public health students to be effective leaders and practitioners in coordinating social, economic, behavioral and societal factors for promotion, preservation, and restoration of health.
- To conduct innovative research that addresses domestic and global health problems to improve the health and well-being especially among marginalized communities.
- To promote a learning environment that allows students, faculty, and staff to realize their full potential by integrating individual strengths, developing talents and creativity, and maintaining mutual respect.
- Making equitable access of graduates to resources and knowledge that support their right to achieve and freely participate in the improvement of individual and population health.
- To foster interdisciplinary education, scholarly leadership, and public service for community and population health at local, regional, and global levels.