The Computer Science and Engineering program combines a rigorous education in computer science with an added emphasis on the physical and architectural underpinnings of modern computer system design. With a background that spans computer science and computer engineering, our graduates are able to address computing systems across the hardware-software spectrum. The objective of the degree is to produce a well-rounded and well-balanced graduate who can use computer science tools to solve real-world problems. In designing the course, the requirements of IEEE and the standards laid down by American, Canadian, British, and Indian universities and institutes have been taken into consideration. The aim of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is to enable innovation through research, advance educational programs in CSE and ICT fields, and facilitate the enrichment of CSE human resources—the students, faculty, and staff—thereby establishing itself as a center of excellence at the national and international level.
The Department believes that student learning is the top priority, and we work hard to offer our students a high standard of engineering education to help them achieve their fullest potential. Our students will develop their technology skills, their individual talents, and their critical thinking, and we are working hard to make Pundra University of Science & Technology, especially the department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), the Center of Excellence in Engineering and Technology Education & Research by working with the students in their studies as well as in applied research.
• 1. To provide high-quality, state-of-the art education and knowledge in computer science and engineering to produce competent engineers capable of solving real-world problems to meet the needs of industry and society.
• 2. To contribute towards the creation of new knowledge through eminence research and innovation in CSE and allied fields to address emerging national and global issues for the wellbeing of society.
• 3. Enhance the Industry Institute Interaction program to get acquainted with corporate culture.
• 4. To enable students to attain the required ethics with an attitude of entrepreneurial skills, ethical values, and social consciences.
• 5. To instill leadership qualities in students in order for them to pursue successful professional career paths, pursue advanced studies in computer engineering, and become life-long learners in cutting-edge developments in computing and IT.
Objectives of the program:
Computer Science & Engineering's goal of becoming a prominent department is to produce skilled and competent professionals in the field of Computer Science & Engineering with research and innovation skills, instilling high moral values and societal concerns, and meeting national and global needs through creative research and innovations. Inspired by the mission of the university, the department of Computer Science and Engineering is striving to create a breed of students who can imagine boldly, think clearly, argue precisely, and implement efficiently.
Students from Bangladesh:
Applicants must have passed SSC (or equivalent) and HSC (or equivalent) examinations in the science group with a minimum 2nd division in both the examinations, or five subjects in O-level and three major subjects (Math, Physics, and Chemistry) in A-level education are required. The students who have completed SSC and HSC under the GPA system will have to have a minimum CGPA of 2.5. The O and A-level students must have an average grade of B. Those who have a diploma in the relevant field and an above-average academic record may be eligible.
For Foreign Students:
(1) Educational qualifications equivalent to Bangladeshi students. [The applicant must have completed twelve years of education at a foreign institution.]
(2) Security clearance from the respective embassy or high commission in Bangladesh is required.