Vision of the program
To promote Islamic education and foster original as well as analytical research across a wide range of subjects on Islam for establishing and maintaining a learning community that produces leader through faith, knowledge and inspiration to contribute in the ground of national as well as international.
Mission of the program
The quintessence of the Department of Islamic Studies is-
M1. To ameliorate learners’ competency relevant to contemporary time and global environment so that make out proficient human resources on the demand of worldwide adherence.
M2. To furnish students in the true knowledge of Islam both theory and practice according to the Quran and Sunnah as if they will committed to Islamic ethics, moral and values in Personal and Social aspects to bring out peace regardless of Ethnicity, Race and Religion.
M3. To contribute in the field of Islamic studies devoted by academic research for supporting social as well as national development.
Objectives of the Program Offering Entity
1. To enable the students to achieve the fundamental teaching of Islam and spread it out in the community to establish of peace and harmony through creating positive awareness to confront destructive thoughts and misleading trends.
2. To preserve the actual teaching of Islam by resolving the misinterpretation against Islam in the contemporary world and apprise the proper lesson to introduce Islam as a noteworthy religion in the world.
3. To combine with conventional and Islamic education for providing the students with knowledge and functional skills that qualifies them for the labor market and various professional fields.
4. To generate a group of specialists equipped with academic excellence, professional expertise, digital competency and adorned with rational, intellectual, spiritual, and moral excellence of Islam as an effective guiding principle in their professional and daily life.
5. To work on the formation of the distinguished Islamic personality that play its role in the field of Islamic Da’wah and draw an ideal image of Islam in the heart of others.
6. To enhance students make a scholarly contribution in advance scientific research in Islamic studies along with the highest professionalism through active participation in seminar, research and conferences to disseminate the benefits of research in the Muslim communities.
Description of the program
Islamic Studies program is designed to introduce Islam as a complete code of life based on the revealed knowledge of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah. According to Ibn Khaldun, “To plant in a Muslim a firm religious belief and a good moral by way of religion which come to purify soul, improve moral and propagate it”. The study of Islamic Studies includes all areas related to Islam which involve the study of revelation personified in the Quran and Sunnah and the intellectual exertion to apprehend it and keep it up into practice. Therefore, this program consists of three major areas as such Tafsir and Hadith, Islamic Law, Islamic Banking and Economics as well as integrates with following dimensions:
1. Study of the text of Quran and Sunnah.
2. Explanation of the holy Quran and Sunnah according to the classical and modern textbook of Tafsir.
3. Study of the importance and beautification of Islamic jurisprudence.
4. Study and accumulation of the teaching of glorious Quran accordingly the modern scientific indications.
5. Amplification of the Objectives of Islamic Shariah with its fluoridating method and endorsement.
The aim of this course is to enable students to acquire a comprehensive worldview on Islam as an ideal system and its role in the development of human life according to the teachings and practical guidance of the Quran and Sunnah. As for level of study; this program offers a degree at the levels of certificate to M.A in Islamic studies.
Attribute 1: Subject specialist with in‐depth knowledge
Graduates have clear, concise and appropriate knowledge, understanding to the academic discipline and apply their knowledge in practice including in multi-disciplinary or multi-professional contexts.
Attribute 2: Research and critical thinking ability
Graduates are experienced in the processes and methods of research - discovering, understanding and creating information and able to apply critical, creative and evidence-based thinking to perceive innovative responses to future challenges.
Attribute 3: Communication skills and teamwork
Graduates express ideas and information effectively to a range of audiences for a variety of purposes and contribute in a positive and collaborative manner to achieving common goals.
Attribute 4: Professionalism and Leadership readiness
Graduates engage in professional behaviour and have the potential to take leadership roles in their chosen occupations or careers and communities.
Attribute 5: Ethical Competency, Socially responsible & Self-awareness
Graduates are responsible and effective global citizens whose personal values and practices are consistent with their roles as responsible members of society. As well as they are self-aware and reflective; they are flexible and resilient and have the capacity to accept and give constructive feedback for their actions.
Attribute 6: Digital competency
Graduates are well prepared for living, learning and working in a digital society and using fluently & creatively applying appropriate digital tools, information and skills.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
This program is aimed at:
1. To enable students for applying the profound knowledge of Islamic principles on their personal, social, cultural, political and religious life.
2. To develop the Universal brotherhood ideas accordingly light of Islam for religious co-existence beyond the borders.
3. To enhance students for studying as to the Economic, Socio-Political and Legal Affairs of this contemporary world & society so that they can be able to play their roles in personal in societal development.
4. To motivate students to fulfill the Quranic indication and Prophet’s command to seek knowledge of the religion and to correct and flourish their understanding of its tenets across the globe.
5. To inspire students intend for research with maintaining International standard and to apply it for seeking knowledge in different branches of Islam as well as modern science. In particular, to promote intellectual debate for being a Centre of excellence in the Study of Islam.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Students who complete the program will be able to:
1. Comprehend Islamic religious sciences like Quran, Hadith and Fiqh including the methodology of interpretation of Islamic Texts deeply.
2. Analyze significant religious beliefs, Islamic ethics & practices, Objectives of the Shariah, Policy analysis to develop a nation and understand the origin and development of Muslim sects with their contribution to the development of various religious sciences from the early phase of Islam up to the modern period neutrally.
3. Explore the modern concepts for instance Economics, Islamic Economics, Finance, Banking & Insurance, Business concept in Islam, Islamic law with it branches and Scientific Indication in the Holy Quran and Sunnah with accuracy.
4. Defend the challenges regarding cultural, political, economic and religious matters of Muslim facing all over the world with more ease and confidence in the light of Islam perfectly.
5. Involve in research work of different areas such as Quranic science, Sciences of Hadith, Islamic Economics, compatibility of Islamic law or the effectiveness of Islamic regulations which exists in the Muslim countries accurately.
Duration of the Program
The M.A in Islamic Studies Program spreads over one year consisting two semesters.
The entry requirement for the M.A in Islamic Studies Program is 4 years Bachelor or equivalent degree in Islamic Studies or Arabic from a recognized university and also fulfilling any other conditions fixed by the authority.
Total Minimum Credit Requirement
A student will have to complete 33 credit hours from 11 courses consisting of 04 core courses of 12 credit hours, 01 GED (General Education) Course of 03 credit hours, 05 Major courses of 15 credit hours and a Viva-voce of 03 credit hours.
Minimum CGPA requirements for graduation
2.50 (Out of 4.00)
Maximum academic years of completion